Staff Accountant – Capital Expenditures/Fixed Assets
Louisville, KY US
As a member of the Fixed Assets Team, the Accountant will specialize in capital expenditures related to new store development, as well as replacement assets for existing stores. The Accountant will ensure accurate tracking of CIP, establish new store assets, and prepare various reports and reconciliations.
• Review capital invoices for proper coding, approvals, sales/use tax
• Create/review asset set-ups to ensure proper coding, groups, lives, and depreciation methods
• Maintain asset ledger accuracy by retiring disposed assets as appropriate
• Actively track miscellaneous CIP, monitor for abandoned sites, and new cost centers
• Prepare journal entries related to new store assets, CIP and miscellaneous CIP
• Prepare period end accruals for construction draws and depreciation expense
• Review unit level depreciation expense fluctuation
• Prepare balance sheet reconciliations related to CIP and miscellaneous CIP
• Prepare new store development cost reporting package using Excel, Dynamics AX and Hyperion
• Prioritize day-to-day responsibilities to meet soft and hard deadlines
• Actively partner and communicate with Managers across many Teams involved in development
• Ability to stay organized in fast-paced, high-volume environment to ensure efficient processing
• Special projects as needed
• May come in contact with trade secrets, confidential information and intangible assets
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Texas Roadhouse® is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, religion, color, age, gender, gender identity, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, citizenship, national origin, or any other legally protected status.
Education: Bachelor’s degree, Accounting or Finance concentration preferred
Experience: 2+ years of related accounting or finance experience. Experience creating ad-hoc reports.
Computer Skills: Advanced Excel, proficient Outlook and Word; MS Dynamics AX or other ERP system preferred; Hyperion Essbase a plus
This job description includes essential functions and basic duties and is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as appropriate. This document is not a contract of employment, and the Company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Company may deem appropriate.